Friday, December 14, 2007

Time for a downgrade?

Is it just me or are people getting so frustrated with Vista that they are seriously thinking of going back to XP, and I am not talking about expert users only, I am seeing more average users complaining about Vista being a resource hog and how its all a 'con$piracy' to make them buy more memory. Take my dad for example, he is an accountant and uses Quickbooks often. 7 months ago he got an HP laptop and since day 1 he didn't like Vista. Now he is asking me (I am kind of the techie guy in the family) if I have a copy of XP so I can 'downgrade' his OS. Two more family members have asked me the same exact thing and several friends complain about how Vista's flaws are more than its benefits. I myself haven't upgraded to Vista. I had the opportunity to beta test Vista's RC1 & RC2 and have used Vista Premiun quite a lot but there hasn't been anything to sway me to change. In fact I am hoping I can wait until Microsoft's next OS or maybe I will just make the change to Ubuntu.
In any case I hope more retailers realize this and start offering XP as an option again, dream on, right. It is obvious more and more PC's are running Vista but that is because they all come preloaded. I really wonder, would Vista be profitable for Microsoft if they gave the consumer the choice? Enough with my Vista rant. The market will speak.
Benchmarks speak louder than words.
Check out this comprenhensive Benchmark from Tom's Hardware.

No comments: